Since every custom plastic enclosure is unique to its application, we use various types, colors, textures, thickness, and grades of materials. We can fit your plastic enclosure needs with a material whether it is stocked here at Envision, at one of our distributors, or manufactured custom to your need by our extrusion partners.
Common materials for plastic housings and plastic parts are:
- ABS: UL 94-HB, UL 94-V0, weather resistant
- High Impact Polystyrene: UL 94-HB, UL 94-V0
- Polycarbonate: UL 94-HB, UL 94-V0, sign grade, anti-static dissipative
- Kydex: (Acrylic / PVC Blend) meets UL 94-V0
- Foamed/Expanded PVC: Sintra and Komatex
- ACM - Aluminum Composite Material: Dibond, E-panel, Alupanel, Alupanel Digital, Polymetal, DuraPlate
Please see material specifications for more detail on materials.
Note: Most common materials are RoHs compliant. Please indicate if your products have a Rohs requirement.